1. The Ministry of Construction of the Republic of Uzbekistan was established in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated April 2, 2018 DP-5392 "On measures to radically improve the public administration system in the construction sector."
2. The Ministry is a special authorized government body that implements a unified state policy in the field of architecture and construction in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
3. In its activities, the Ministry is subordinate to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan (hereinafter - the Cabinet of Ministers).
4. The Ministry in its activities is guided by the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decisions of the chambers of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decrees, decisions and orders of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decisions and orders of the Cabinet of Ministers, this Regulation and other acts of legislation.
5. Decisions of the Ministry, adopted within the limits of its authority, are binding on state and economic management bodies, local executive authorities, other organizations and their officials, as well as citizens.
6. The ministry, territorial subdivisions and organizations included in its structure are legal entities, have a seal and letterheads with the State Emblem of the Republic of Uzbekistan, an independent balance sheet, treasury personal accounts, bank accounts, including in foreign currency.
The main tasks of the Ministry of Construction of the Republic of Uzbekistan are:
— conducting a unified scientific and technical policy in the field of urban planning and engineering and technical surveys for construction, introducing into construction activities energy-efficient and energy-saving innovative projects and solutions that increase labor productivity, reduce the cost of construction and installation works, rational use of resources;
— organizing the development and approval of a general settlement scheme on the territory of the republic, planning schemes for the territories of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions, the city of Tashkent, districts, cities, master plans of settlements and other urban planning documentation, monitoring their implementation;
— preparation of proposals on the main directions of state policy in the field of urban planning, development of long-term and medium-term state programs for the development of architectural and construction activities, participation in the preparation of sectoral and regional programs for the socio-economic development of territories;
— coordination of design business and construction activities, improvement of work efficiency and expansion of the regional network of design and survey organizations, organization of development of individual, standard, reusable and experimental projects and design solutions, examination of urban planning documentation;
— further improvement and updating of the regulatory framework for urban planning and urban planning activities, coordination of the development of departmental building codes and regulations, standardization work in the field of design, construction, production of building materials and products;
— assistance in the training of qualified personnel in the field of architecture, design and construction, a radical increase in the level and quality of the educational process in specialized educational institutions, the implementation of retraining and advanced training of designers and specialists in the construction industry, including in leading research institutions abroad.